This will completely reinstall version 2005 of Mailware. Please be sure to backup your data before running.
Mailware 2005 introduced the following 65 new features including a new SQL database:
A complete RMA System
Buy #, Get # Free
Product Discontinued Flag
Backorder Allow Option
Multiple Product Locations (Warehouses, Bins etc.)
Product Location Priority
Supplier Product #
Max Ship Items
Product Preferred Ship Method
Gift Certificate System
Vehicle Title and Serial Number System
Preference to require City name and Zip/Postal Code when adding customers
Customer PIN # and Hint
Customer Date of Birth
Customer Credit Balance
New Customer Fields: Middle Initial, Title and Mobile Phone #
USPS Click-N-Ship Support
Automatic calculation of Shipping Insurance
Minimum Order Amount Preference
Automatic Discounts based on Order amount
Automatic Send Catalog option
Override Security Logging
Set your own Customer Search Tab Order
Set your own Order Search Tab Order
Weight in Grams
Close PO Checkbox
Longer PO Message Field
Sale Date Pricing
Expanded Supplier Address Fields
Return Reasons w/ Return to Stock Option
Adjust Inventory Reasons w/ Return to Stock Option
Auto Payment Approval Option
Source Key Lookup at Order Entry
Source Key Ship Charge
Source Key Order Message
Source Key Stationery Code
Shipping Phone Number for each order
Shipping Email Address for each order
Enter Shipping Instructions on each order
Pricing by Source Code
Add Free Gift
First # Customers
Order by date
New Payment Methods
Selectable Credit Card History
Customer flags (e.g., Bad Credit) pop up warnings during order entry
Order amount limit prompts operator for Management Override (prevents orders over an amount you specify in Security).
Adjust Inventory Reason Codes
Batch Entry for Contact Log
User-Definable Customer Contact Actions
New SQL Database
Query Editor Tool with easy-to-use interface for writing your own SQL queries
Streamlined Interface with standard Windows toolbars on each screen
Larger screens that expand or maximize to fit your screen resolution
Enhanced Product Search for orders and inventory
NOTE: You can check your build number in the About box, available from the Help text menu item.
|2005 Revision History|
2005 Build 556
1. Changed email notifications to look for parameters on execution, not
on open (for script compatibility)
1. Fixed bug in Process Payments that would show orders with
backorders even if marked hold for backorders.
1. Fixed bug in order import that could cause some defaults to be missed.
1. Added additional 8708 error check to orders screen.
2. Added Buypass (BPAS) as processor for PC-Charge.
1. Changed email notifications to work with scripts.
1. Added support for FastMM client/server memory manager.
2. Increased buffer size for client/server memory.
1. Fixed operator field in Printorders.dat table.
2. Added server pinging when connecting remotely using Client/Server.
3. Removed NOJOINOPTIMIZE default from reports.
4. Optimized order import to run faster when using Client/Server.
5. Fixed bug on order screen caused when product is out of stock and
do not allow backorders is set on the product.
1. Added multiple help desks and made overall improvements to Remote
1. Added 8708 error check to orders, products, customers screens.
2. Added option to fix missing fields for “Is Continued” orders on order
3. Added gateways to XAuthorize setup in Preferences dialog and set
to sort by processor name.
4. Added operator and shipping fields to Printorders.dat table.
1. Fixed bug in Subproduct Setup which could cause errors when form
2. Fixed sizing on HTML windows.
3. Updated USPS click and ship interface to work with site changes.
4. Fixed Customer Notes field entry to allow 250 characters.
5. Fixed Order Import to assign the correct customer’s phone and email
to Order ShipEmail and ShipPhone1 fields.
1. Added support for non-numeric approval codes in XCharge.
2. Added shortcuts to the Tools menu for:
Optimize All Tables
Optimize Order Tables
Repair All Tables
Repair Order Tables
1. Fixed Import grid on Process Orders to resize when the screen is
2. Updated Shazam reports to automatically add “NOJOINOPTIMIZE” to
3. Fixed products “Add” button on Vendors screen.
4. Fixed search on Vendors screen.
5. Fixed the sorting for the Supplier field drop down list on the Products
6. Updated Help file (Add/Edit a Product, Reports list and Tutorials)
7. Added/Updated reports:
R5111 RMA Return Advice
R5150 Gift Certificates for Date Range
T5130 This Return Advice
T5250 This Gift Certificate
1. Fixed prompt for label position when using Print Label on Order screen
revised report – S1000 This Order Label 5160)
2. Fixed “Print” menu option on RMA screen (requires new report – R5111
RMA Return Advice)
1. Added “CurrentPONo” option to Shazam report writer.
2. Added error trapping to Email Notifications.
3. Added Contact Log creation to Email Notifications.
4. Updated Customer Contact Log to be sizeable
5. Updated Customer Contact Log to remember its size.
6. Fixed bug on Order screen which would not allow backorders to be
filled if in stock amount was equal to quantity
7. Fixed bug in product search where incremental search would not
activate if text was already in the box when the form is opened.
8. Removed enter key to tab from Backorder Items dialog, made OK
button the default when enter is pressed.
9. Updated Backorder Items dialog to automatically adjust backorder
qty based on committed qty entered.
10. Updated Backorder Items dialog to cancel when escape key is
11. Fixed bug in price lookup when using quantity discounts for
12. Fixed bug quantity discounts for source screen field that prevented
for multiple source keys.
13. Fixed bug on order screen where order message could be incorrectly
overwritten if source key was changed.
14. Fixed bug on Send Emails where the form would show even if there
was an error or no emails to be sent.
1. Added “Go to last order on open” preference.
2. Fixed bug in product search, “Real-time Incremental Search” checkbox not
checked, even if set as a default in Preferences
3. Added scrolling with arrow keys to the Product Search dialog.
4. Changed Supplier and Product Type to trigger search immediately after
changing on Product Search dialog.
5. Improved keyboard behavior on Product Search dialog.
6. Fixed “Find” on Source Key screen.
7. Updated Payment table on order screen to use 0.00 if Amount is left blank.
8. Removed default to last supplier on Products screen.
1. Added option to Order Import to fix Continued field automatically.
1. Added updating of payment amount to match amount due on Order screen.
2. Fixed bug on order screen which could cause totals to be wrong after cancel
button was pressed.
3. Fixed Return Item on Order screen to set the Shipped field to 0 instead of blank.
4. Fixed missing fields in database update.
1. Upgraded to DBISAM 4.21, Build 6.
2. Fixed Print Invoice to point to correct file when using Client/Server.
3. Removed alt-O hotkey for the Operator field on the Order screen.
4. Fixed order screen so that the old product lookup component is not visible.
1. Fixed client/server login to prompt immediately upon startup
1. Added new product search form to product screen.
2. Added text “Right-click results grid for menu” to product search screen.
3. Added help button to product search screen.
1. Fixed bug when using the Master Code dropdown box on Products screen.
2. Fixed layout on List Subproducts dialog.
3. Fixed “New” button on the Sales Tax form.
4. Changed import menu item to open Order Import.
5. Added ability to set remote database name for Client/Server databases (can have multiple
companies in client/server).
6. Added new product search form to order screen.
7. Added preference to force buffer flushes.
8. Added Remote Assistance feature to main help menu.
9. Fixed customer merge/purge so that after the merge the master record is current.
1. Fixed committed weight calculation for UPS export.
2. Updated DBISAM version to 4.20, Build 2
1. Added Postnet and ShipPostnet fields to Customer table for PostNet barcoding.
2.Changes to Help and Tutorials.
1. Added Paymentech and Verisign gateways to xAuthorize setup.
2. Changed UPS Export to recalculate committed weight total.
3. Added NOJOINOPTIMIZE to Process Orders queries – workaround for join optimization problem.
1. Changed “DATE-” type parameters in Email queries to “DATE_” for compatability with DBISAM 4.
2. Changed order import to assign cardholder information from imported name & address.
1. Added MwCtrl to the database update if it doesn’t already exist.
2. Fixed Minimum Quantities bug on the order screen.
3. Added minimum quantity field to the order screen details tab.
4. Made paid amount field invisible on gift order screen.
5. Removed ability to scroll through orders on gift order screen.
6. Updated gift order screen to close after cancel.
7. Changed order screen message to show if an order is a child gift order.
8. Changed security to allow company to be changed if an invalid database is opened.
1. Added additional payment types, “Money Ordr” and “Direct Dep”.
1. Changed Order Import customer match to run .mws file instead of .mwq file
2. Fixed XP sizing on Locations and Location Stock screens.
3. Added Minimum Order Qty field to Product Type Codes form.
4. Fixed Order screen to copy the phone and email address from the correct customer.
1. Fixed bug in backup routine caused by attempting to back up DBISAM.LCK file.
2. Added MWCtrl support for working demos.
1. Fixed bugs in various screens resulting from memo fields in memory tables not being set to size 0.
2. Fixed bug in Email Notifications, which could be triggered by forced carriage returns in the SQL statement.
3. Updated credit card charging in Process Orders with changes made to the regular credit card charging from the Orders
4. Fixed bugs in various screens resulting from double quotes passed into SQL statements.
1. Conversion to DBISAM 4, various bug fixes.
2005 Build 510
1. Added quantity discounts when cloning products
2005 Build 509 – 500
1. Added new interface
2. Added new 2005 features
3. Added new DBISAM database