This will completely reinstall version 2012 of Mailware. Please be sure to backup your data before running.
What’s New in Mailware 2012
Feature Announcement #1
Multiple Customer Contacts
Now you can have multiple billing addresses for each customer (multiple shipping addresses are already available in previous versions).
Great for organizations where you do business with multiple departments. Keep all your contact information under one account.
Benefits: Keep big groups together in a single account, simplify billing, improve customer service
Feature Announcement #2
Go to any order in Mailware and make a duplicate. Then change anything you like. This feature makes it easy to re-create an order for a customer who calls and says, “Send me the same thing as last time.”
Plus, we have updated the Recurring Orders feature. Automatically duplicate a customer’s order every X days. Perfect for “Product of the Month” orders, recurring items like vitamins, coffee etc.
Current owners of Mailware may also create Subscriptions. Unlike Duplicate or Recurring Orders these are paid in advance for a time period (like a monthly newsletter paid annually) and automatically create each period for the duration of the subscription.
Benefits: Save time keying orders, reduce phone time for operators and customers
Feature Announcement #3
Start any order as a quote or convert an order to a quote on-the-fly. Quotes allow you to add items to an order without affecting inventory. You can then fax, email or print the quote for your customer.
When they buy you can turn any quote instantly into an order and make any changes, take payments etc.
Benefits: Quote prices without affecting inventory, easily finalize an order when your customer calls back
Feature Announcement #4
Automate Reports, Emails and Scripts
Email Notification in Mailware takes a step forward. Now you can automate mass emails. Send invoices, backorder notices, Purchase Orders, Shipping Notifications and more at the times you specify each day. No need to click any buttons.
And, from the order screen you can set up automatic sending of an email, printing of a report or running of a Mailware Script. For example, when you click the Finished button imagine an email automatically sent to the customer with confirmation of the order, a report that automatically opens so you can print a packing list, pick list or invoice and a script to do just about anything you want (scripts can change data, launch reports, upload and download and much more).
Benefits: Save time, less tasks for operators and you to remember each day
Feature Announcement #5
Search by UPC
Do you use Mailware as a Point of Sale system? Now you can scan a barcode of either the Mailware Product Number or the UPC Code and Mailware will automatically recognize the product. Scanning is supported at Receive Inventory as well so you can quickly receive Purchase Orders.
You can use Mailware to print bar code labels too.
Benefits: Speed up order entry at checkout, help ensure accuracy
Feature Announcement #6
See the status of any order in the Order List screen. Sort and filter by status too – find all your unshipped orders, backorders and more quickly and easily.
Watch for more status features in Process Orders too.
Benefits: Find orders by type quickly, know the status of operations
2012 Revision History
1. Added preferences for HarveySoft export.
2. Added HarveySoft export ability to box scanning screen.
1. Fixed buttons on drop ship po tab on order screen.
2. Changed order screen to always start in items grid.
3. Changed order screen address shortcut to Alt-A.
4. Fixed the F5 shortcut to show company database form.
5. Fixed all incorrect form icons.
6. Added F3 (and Alt-g) shortcut to move cursor to orders item grid.
7. Added secondary indexes to OrderDet table (ChannelNo, ChannelAccountNo).
8. Fixed the PO .PDF report save (not saving to filename automatically).
1. Added Amazon order dupe check against OrderDet.AltOrderNo1
1. Added Sell on Sears channel
1. Added Selling on Sears channel
2. Changed Amazon product upload to match shipping confirmations method
3. Added check to make sure only one copy of MCM is running per database
1. Added ebay Item ID field to ebay product listings
2. Added index to ChannelListings.ProductID field
1. Added DHL Global Mail (8) to Buy.com shipping confirmation upload
1. Added kit item creation when the kit master is added as a backorder
2. Fixed error when deleting kit master that is in backorder
3. Added supplier cost to drop ship POs created from order screen
4. Added ability to use fractional discounts on order screen
5. Changed process orders to not fill backorders if order is on hold
6. Added Name field to order product search grid and customized layout
7. Fixed order import settings dialog to resize correctly
8. Fixed possible error if order item change temp table still exists when dialog opened
1. Fixed todaysdate parameter not being set when refreshing backorders
2. Fixed the caption for the Sears channel setup dialog
1. Fixed inventory update bug in receive inventory
1. Added unpaid credit card orders to Invoicing tab of Process Orders if preference set
2. Fixed box scanning dialog to allow unpaid credit card orders if preference set
3. Added label to box scanning dialog to show credit card will be charged when finished
4. Renamed “Don’t Hold for BO” on order screen to “Ship Ahead”
5. Renamed “Default to Don’t Hold for BO” in preferences to “Default to Ship Ahead”
2. Fixed kit item flag fields not being set correctly when importing orders
3. Added item discount to order import
2. Added 3dcart channel
3. Added button on the order screen to copy orders
4. Added internal changes to make synchronizing versions and upgrades easier.
5. Added minor version
6. Fixed LocStock.IsNotAvailableForSale flag ignored when also marked non-inventory
7. Fixed Product.
8. Added PayPal payment type
9. Updated credit card validation on payment screen.
10. Added internal changes to make synchronizing versions and upgrades easier.
11. Added option to not print invoice from box scanning screen
1. Added 3dcart channel order download
2. Added inventory and price upload for ebay
3. Changed ebay SKU match when importing orders to use both ItemID and SKU
1. Added Authorize action to payments (custom feature)
2. Added credit card capture to box scanning screen
1. Added Action field to payment import table
MCM 2012, Build 1202.1.1204
1. Changed FBA inventory import to use MWS instead of FWS.
1. Fixed Amazon product and shipping confirmation uploads to use Marketplace ID field
1. Fixed Buy.com product upload to use zero if inventory is negative
2. Fixed ebay product upload log possibly showing as shipping confirmation
3. Fixed response XML document not being created for ebay product upload
MWS DLL Update 1202.1.1204:
1. Fixed non-harmful error that could show up in the channel log. This version is backwards compatible.
1. Added nSoftware E-Payment credit card software interface
1. Fixed E-Payment not allowed to use Authorize action
2. Fixed Transaction ID (ReferenceNo) overwritten on Capture
1. Adds box shipping by AltOrderNo1 feature (set in preferences)
2. Updates nSoftware E-Payment component to new version
1. Fixed AltOrderNo1 truncating to 20 chars instead of 50 when importing orders