Channergy is PCI Compliant, featuring safe encryption of credit card numbers. This secure encryption does not store the CVV2 code or any other sensitive information given in payment, and displays credit card numbers with masking (e.g., 4*** **** **** 1234) as part of your PCI Compliance toolset.
PCI Compliance Features
- Adheres to DSS PCI Compliance standards.
- Credit Card numbers are stored with full encryption
- Option to not store credit card information at all
- Stored numbers are masked with *’s and can still be retrieved from history for future charges
- No magnetic strip information is ever stored
- CVV2 is not stored
- Database can be stored on a server not connected to the Internet
- Real Time approval supports 3rd party vendors like Authorize.net, Paymenttech and more
- Fully compliant for purposes of your PCI Compliance certification
Click an image above to see a screenshot
What is PCI Compliance
The Payment Card Industry (PCI) created a set of standards to prevent credit card fraud. The PCI standards apply to all organizations that process, store, or transmit credit card information. In order to be PCI compliant, a company must adhere to the PCI standards set in place: the Data Security Standards (found online). There are four levels of DSS PCI compliance that are based on the number of credit card transactions that occur over a 12 month period:
- Any merchant that handles over 6 million visa transactions a year.
- A company that is processing 1 to 6 million card transactions a year.
- A company has to process 20,000 to 1 million visa e-commerce transactions per year.
- Any merchant that doesn’t fit into level one, two, or three.
All companies that handle credit cards in any way need to be PCI compliant, even if they only take phone orders. This also includes companies that are using third-party processors. If a company isn’t following the DSS PCI standards, they can be fined up to $100,000 per month for PCI compliance issues.