This utility was written as a replacement for the Optimize All Tables and Repair All Tables scripts with the advantage of stopping the MCM to run the repair/optimize and restarting the MCM when it is done.
This utility can only be run on the server.
You can download the files needed to install the application from http://www.core-tech.com/pub/RepairAllTables.zip
To install the tool do the following
- On the server unzip the files and copy them into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Channergy 20XX folder (XX is the year version you are using).
- Right click on the RepairOptimizeTables.exe file and select the Create Shortcut option from the context menu.
- Copy the shortcut file to the desktop.
- Right-click on the RepairOptimizeTables icon on the desktop and select the Properties option………..
- Click on the Compatibility tab and click on the Run this program as administrator
- If you are running Windows 10 or Server 2012 you can also change the settings for all users by clicking on the Change settings for all users button.
Using the Channergy Table Optimization/Repair Utility
If you are experiencing slow response time then we would recommend selecting the Optimize option from the action combo box. If you are experiencing other database errors, such as header corrupt messages or searches not pulling accurate data, then we would recommend selecting the Repair option from the action combo box.
To run the tool simply do the following:
- Double click on the the Repair Optimize Tables shortcut.
- Select the action that you want to perform.
- Click on the Run button.
- A dialog box will show reminding you to close all workstations before proceeding.
- The application will shut down the MCM and then perform the action that was selected.
- When the script is complete, the MCM will restart.