How to Use Receive Inventory
- Item level discounts (both Percent or Amount)
- Product code scanning
- Product Serialization
- Cross Docking
- Administrative Override (This feature allows for administrative override of the item costs).
- Lot Numbers (This feature support lot number tracking for products including expiration dates).
- To access the Receive Inventory feature click on the Receive Inventory icon on the Channergy Explorer
- This will display the Receive Inventory screen
- To receive a new shipment click on the button.
- Select the Company that you are receiving the product from using the Vendor drop down list.
- Add the optional invoice number in the Invoice # field.
- Add the optional invoice date in the Invoice Dt field.
- If you have locations set up and want to select a default location where all of the items are going to be received to, select the location from the Default Location drop down box.
- Select the Purchase order number you are receiving the inventory from the PO Number drop down list.
- If you are receiving inventory for multiple PO’s, Click on the button.
- This will bring up a list of all the PO’s for the selected vendor.
- To select multiple PO’s for the selected vendor, double click on the check box in the Use? column.
- This will populate the items received list from the selected PO number(s) you selected.
- If your product table contains UPC codes you can use a scanner to receive inventory using the Scan Product Code field. To use this feature do the following:
- Place the cursor in the Scan Product Code field.
- Scan the UPC code from the product.
- After scanning the product code into the Scan Product Code field click the button.
- If you want to be prompted for the quantity received press F8 or toggle the button. This will show a dialog box asking for a quantity every time a product is scanned. If the button is not depressed (toggled) the quantity is defaulted to 1.
- You can then repeat the process for all of the items that you are receiving for this PO.
- If there is a discount (either a percentage or dollar amount) for the item you are receiving, enter the value in the appropriate discount field in the Items Received grid.
- If there is an item that you are receiving that is not on the PO(s) that you selected you can add an item to the Item Received grid by clicking on the button this will add a new record to the grid and you can select the product you want to add by either selecting it from the products table using the method(s) described in the Purchase Orders help topic.
- If you add a product to the Items Received grid that you want removed you can remove the item by selecting it and clicking on the button.
- If all of the item in the PO have been received in the shipment, click on the button.
- Once all the items have been received from the shipment, click on the button.
- If you need to adjust one of the items that have already been applied to the inventory, select the item from the list and click on the button. This will add a new record into the Items Received grid from this point you can add to the quantity received by putting a positive number in the quantity field or a negative number to the quantity field depending if you want to add or subtract the quantity received. After the record has been changed click on the button again to save the changes to the Products table.
- To use the new Cross Docking feature do the following.
- Make sure that you have applied all of the inventory using the button.
- Click on the button.
- This will bring up a dialog that displays all of the orders that have not been shipped that contain the products that you just received.
- The button queries the database for additional orders that have been added to the system for the products that had been received and not shipped.
- The button fills the orders in the list and prints out a R5104 Box Invoice report for all of the orders on the list.
- If the product(s) your are receiving are serialized (see the Productshelp topic for set up instructions) you can scan in the serial numbers from the receive inventory screen. To use this feature do the following.
- Ensure that you have received the inventory before scanning in the serial numbers.
- Click on the button, this will bring up the Add Serial Numbers screen
- Scan in the serial number of each product you are receiving and click on the button.
- If you need to remove an item from the list, select the item on the list and click on the button.
- Once you have scanned the same number of items that have been received the dialog will close.
- The Admin Override feature allows an administrator to change a price of a product if it is greater than the price stored in the system. NOTE: This feature is only available if If the security feature is turned on (See the Operators & Security help topic).
- If the user receiving doesn’t have permissions to change the price of an item you will get the following error message when the button is clicked.
- To override the price changes, click on the button.
- You will get a screen similar to the one below. This will allow a user with administrative privileges to log in and authorize the price change.
- At this point you can click on the button to update the inventory.
- This will also update the Average Cost stored in the Products table.
- Channergy supports Lot tracking, including expiration dates. You can specify Lot numbers during receive inventory for products you have set up to track as lots. To use this feature first set up your products that have lot numbers by opening the product screen and clicking the Stock Levels tab
- Check the box labeled “Track by Lots”. This product will also need to have “Multiple Locations” checked.
- You can then create a purchase order (See the Purchase Orders help topic). For any items that have Lot Numbers you will be able to specify the lot number during Receive Inventory (See the Receive Inventory help topic). Receive Inventory as per the help topic. For items with a Lot Number you must specify at least a Location and Lot #. If you forget Channergy will remind you when you attempt to apply to inventory.Location – Select a location you previously set up in the Products help topic under Multiple Locations.
Lot # – Enter the Lot # for this line item. You can do this on the fly as lot numbers do not need to be set up in advance.
Lot Expire Dt – Enter or select a date of expiration for this lot if applicable.
Lot Note– You can enter a short note for this lot if you like.
- Click the button to commit the stock counts. Your inventory will be updated with the Lot information in the Locations button on the Stock Levels tab of the product screen for each item.
- As you sell items during order entry or import they will be automatically deducted from the Location and Lot # stored at the product level. The Lot Number is stored with the ordered item so you can run a report to see which orders and items are associated with a specific lot (Report R5552 Items Sold by Lot #).Note: When adding items to orders if the quantity exceeds the number available in a Lot you will need to create another line item for the remaining items (e.g., Lot 1 has 10 items. You enter a quantity of 12 for a product. Channergy will create a line item for a quantity of 10 for Lot 1. You can then add the same product again for a quantity of 2 and it will be deducted from the next Lot #).
UNDER THE HOOD: The receive products feature interacts with a number of tables in the database. They are the RcvInv, RcvInvIt, Products,Suppliers, PO,POItems tables and optionally the SerialNumbers table if item serialization is used. The RcvInv table contains the fields that relate to the supplier that was selected and the Purchase Order(s) that were used. The table also contains the InvoiceNo, Shipping,Tax,Item totals (ItemAmt), Totals (TotalAmt), the sum of the discounts (DiscountAmt) and the subtotals (SubtotalAmt). When you click on the New button in the Receive Inventory screen a new record is created in the the RcvInv table. The Vendor Name drop down is populated with the list of suppliers from the suppliers table. When the supplier is selected the associated supplier number (SupplierNo) is inserted into the new record in the RecInv table. The PO Number drop down is populated with a list of PO’s associated with the selected vendor. If only one PO is selected then that number populates the PurchaseOrder field in the RcvInv table. If multiple PO’s are selected from the Select.. button then “Multiple Selected” is inserted into the PurchaseOrder field. Once the vendor (SupplierNo) and PO(s) are selected the RcvInvIt table is populated with the product information from the purchase orders selected. The contents of RcvInvIt is displayed in the Items Received grid in the Receive Inventory screen.
If item serialization is used the serial numbers for the product are stored in a MEMO field in the RcvInvIt in the SerialNumbers field. In addition, the ProductNo, SerialNumber and fields relating the record in the RcvInvIt table to the one in the SerialNumbers table.
The Products table InStock and Cost fields are not updated until the Apply to Inventory button is pressed. When the Apply to Inventory button is pressed the Quantity received in the RcvInvIt table (Received) is added to the InStock quantity field in the products table. The average cost is also updated in the Cost field in the Products table.
When using the Cross Docking feature, the software selects all of the orders that have products on backorder that match those that are in the RcvInvIt table and populates the list in the Fill Backorders grid in the Cross Docking screen. When you click on the Fill & Print button the quantities on backorder are subtracted from the InStock field in the Products table and the items are moved from backordered to filled status.